Celebrate New York Maple
Maple Weekend – actually two weekends, March 23-24 & 30-31, 2019 – is a chance for members of the public to visit local farms and learn about maple sugarmaking in New York State. From modern processes to age-old traditions and an opportunity to taste pure maple syrup direct from the source, Maple Weekend is a celebration of a regional natural treasure. Thanks to sponsorship by the NYS Maple Producers’ Association, maple farms throughout the state will open their barns and sugar bushes to experience up close how watering maple syrup and other related products are made. Visitors can expect pancake breakfasts, family-friendly activities, tours, samples, and access to some spectacular fresh maple products. What started in 1995 as a simple “Maple Sunday” is now a statewide celebration and agri-tourism opportunity.
During Maple Weekend, you can:
- Taste a pure and natural food product at its freshest
- Learn how maple syrup and maple confections are made
- Discover the unique family traditions of making NYS maple syrup
- Celebrate New York’s first agricultural harvest of the season
- Meet the producers who cultivate make New York maple
- Share in the many ways to cook & bake with maple
- Support sustainable agriculture
Maple Weekend activities will run between 10 am and 4 pm each day at most locations, but check your planned destination for specifics and exceptions. Most locations are rustic, so wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes. See the full list of participating farms here.