Lilac Festival Musical Performances
Come for the Blooms
Thanks to the park’s 200 varieties of lilacs and other flowers, trees, and shrubs, roughly half a million people descend upon our little corner of the world. To make the most of this year’s 120th-annual Rochester Lilac Festival, plan yourself a full itinerary of all the best programming the event has to offer. Here’s the 2018 music lineup to help you plan your visit.
Stay for the Blues (or whatever is playing that day)
Come May 11th, you’ll want to have your camping chair or your best picnic blanket ready to go. This year’s lineup covers a great deal of ground, from classic rock to reggae and roots, through Americana, country, and bluegrass, with a touch of jam band and a healthy dose of Dave Matthews. And since it wouldn’t be the Lilac Festival without an appearance by Rusted Root, Uprooted will feature four former members of the band in their return to Rochester. Here’s who you can see each night of the festival.
- Friday, May 11th – The Devil Makes Three
- Saturday, May 12th – Al Copley Band & Quinn Sullivan
- Sunday, May 13th – Parsonsfield & Zac Brown Tribute Band
- Monday, May 14th – The Record Company
- Tuesday, May 15th – Third World
- Wednesday, May 16th – Starship (Featuring Mickey Thomas)
- Thursday, May 17th – Uprooted (Featuring Rusted Root’s Michael Glabicki)
- Friday, May 18th – Smooth Hound Smith & The Wood Brothers
- Saturday, May 19th – The Medicinals & Mingo Fishtrap
- Sunday, May 20th – Driftwood & Big Eyed Phish
Among the new festival features being introduced this year is an optional VIP upgrade. Guests who purchase VIP tickets will get access to the exclusive VIP Experience Tent and the front of the stage, as well as a lounge area. Other perks for VIPs include a full cash bar, air-conditioned restrooms, VIP Tent food-purchase options, and waitress service. If you love one of these performers or want to impress your out-of-town guests, VIP tickets will give you greater access than ever!